50 gm Poppy seeds
1 cup dessicated coconut
100 gm Rawa/Cream of wheat
250 gm Maida/Allpurpose Flour
2 tbsp ghee/clarified butter
250 gm Powdered sugar
A generous pinch of Nutmeg
1/2 tsp caradamom powder
Oil for deep frying
1. Roast poppy seeds and coconut. Keep aside.
2. Roast rawa till light brown. Keep aside.
3. Mix both the mixtures. Add sugar. Mix well. Add cardamom and nutmeg.
4. Mix ghee and maida. Add water gingerly to make a stiff dough.
5. Roll out puris. Stuff the sweet mixture. Close the puri half-moon shape.
6. Keep twisting around the edges or use sawtooth cutter especially designed for making the edges.
7. Heat oil for deep frying. Fry on low flame.
For Dryfruit Ghughra : you can add dryfruits like raisins,coarsely powered almonds, coarsely powdered pistachios,powdered cashew nuts to rawa mixture.